Home - Admission & Financial Aid - Apply - Scholars Programs - Benton Scholars - Benton Scholars News
Benton Scholars News

Adventure to Iguazu Falls!

By Katrina Bennett '16 on June 1, 2013

Yesterday we arrived in Puerto Iguazu, Argentina to visit the beautiful and famous Iguazu Falls. The weather yesterday was absolutely picture perfect but when we woke up today for our visit to the National Park housing the falls, the weather was nothing short of downpours and thunderstorms. We were all unsure how a full day outside in this weather would work and as soon as we got to the park we realized that it would involve being absolutely soaked and possibly wearing an overpriced plastic poncho for the entire day. However, as soon as we took the train through the park and hikes to our first view over the top of the falls, we no longer cared about the rain as the view was BREATH TAKING. For the rest of the day we hiked to various viewing points of the falls and were able to get very up close and personal with a crocodile and also a very friendly family of jungle raccoons. When we finally reached the shore of the falls, we put on our life jackets, his awy our valuables and piled into a speed boat. The boat took us right through two of the HUGE rushing falls and to say that we got soaked is the biggest understatement I can imagine. I think I can speak for everyone in saying that today was one of the best days of the trip so far, and once we get back the entirety of Facebook will be able to see why with all the millions of waterfall pictures we all took. I don’t think I have ever been wetter for an entire day before but I also don’t think I’ve ever seen anything quite as amazing as the Iguaza Falls.