Home - Campus Life - Career Services for Students - Career Services
Career Services

Matthew Lee ’18 interns in software engineering

By Contributing Writer on January 9, 2018

Matthew Lee '18

At Fleunty, which is a company that builds chatbots and other AI related platforms, I improved and added features to the chatbot analytics program using Python. I was also introduced to Natural Language Processing and was able to gain a lot of insight through collaborating and learning from my supervisors and other engineers.

At Trippie, I was given the task to build the Android version of the app. For six weeks I was able to finish 2/3 of the features. I was responsible for planning the project outline and development in a fast, test-driven environment.

I’ve learned that I do want to study more after getting two or three years of work experience after Colgate. More specifically, my experience at Fluenty spiked my interest to learn more about AI and machine learning.