Home - Campus Life - Career Services for Students - Career Services
Career Services

Sonali Byrd ’19: Social media intern and teacher

By Contributing Writer on January 9, 2018

Sonali Byrd '19 interned at Revolve Impact

As the social media intern at Revolve Impact I was in charge of the Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook accounts. I controlled what posts went out, what they said and how they looked. I would spend my days researching statistics, pulling graphics, and creating GIFs.

Every day was a new topic to research ranging from mass incarceration, effects of bullying, LGBTQ issues, police officers in school, success of after-school programs and so much more. I also had to stay up to date with the current news regarding the issues that the company was trying to combat so I could ensure all our platforms were updated with the most relevant information. It was a lot of pressure to maintain all of the social media platforms, but I now have such a deep understanding of not only the information I learned, but also the best ways in which to convey it to the public.

In addition to my role at Revolve Impact, I worked at Mayola Charles Shining Path Montessori School as a teacher’s assistant. I played with the children and helped them with basic reading, writing, and math skills.