Home - Center for Learning, Teaching, and Research - Office of Undergraduate Studies - Office of Undergraduate Studies News and Updates
Office of Undergraduate Studies News and Updates

Meet D’Andre Stamper ’19

By Nali Byrd '19 on April 5, 2016

Name: D’Andre Eugene Lee Stamper

Intended Major: Computer Science, Mathematics, or Spanish

Hometown: East Palo Alto, California

What clubs are you a part of at Colgate?IMG_25221
Here at Colgate, I participate in Brothers, BSU, Ultimate Frisbee, and the Sojourners Choir Group.

In what ways do you feel that OUS prepared you for your first year of college?
OUS has prepared me for college because it has provided me with a very strong friend group here on Colgate’s campus. Also, the OUS Summer Institute gave me a first-hand look at what actual college classes are like.

What job do you have on campus?
My campus job is working for Campus Safety. I check emergency lights for almost all of the buildings on campus. Since Campus Safety works closely with EHS (Environmental Health and Safety), I also am affiliated with that office as a student worker; as such, I get to see a different side of the Campus Safety department as well as EHS that other students don’t normally get to see, which is so cool!

What are you most looking forward to next year?
I decided to apply for the Sophomore Residential Seminars  (SRS) program next year. I thought it would be a great opportunity for me to learn and grow in a community where students share the same passions and interests as me! I got into the SRS Challenges of Modernity course focused on Istanbul. I am looking forward to challenging myself and my peers throughout the course in order to push the ideas, questions, and answers that are presented in the class!