Home - Center for Learning, Teaching, and Research - Office of Undergraduate Studies - Office of Undergraduate Studies News and Updates
Office of Undergraduate Studies News and Updates

OUS Student Profiles: Larissa Grijalva ’17

By Nali Byrd '19 on December 15, 2016

Hometown: Imperial, CA

Major: Educational Studies

Class Year: 2017

Larissa Grijalva '17

Larissa Grijalva ’17

How are you involved on campus?

Other than OUS, I’m a part of Link Staff, Konosioni, Greek Life, This Is Not A Play About Sex and Vagina Monologues!

As a senior, what advice would you give younger students on campus?

DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY! Being at Colgate is not easy, but there are tons of ways to make it a little more bearable. I started doing at least one major thing I want to do a day (although lately it’s been more like 3 per day). No matter how much work I have, at the end of the day, I make sure I’ve done something I chose to do whether it’s watching a movie or going for a run or baking something.

In what ways have you felt OUS has impacted your time while at Colgate?

There’s a reason why OUS is a family. Having people who can both call you out on your bull but also be there for you at 3 a.m. is incredibly hard to find at a place like this, but it’s super necessary!! I’m so lucky to be part of my amazing ’17 OUS class. Also, shout out to Frank Frey and Frank Kuan who have been there for us since Day 1.

What has been the highlight of your Colgate experience thus far?

Despite the ways in which Colgate has failed me, it has also given me so so much. I am mostly thankful for all the people I’ve gotten to know over these past 4 years. I’d have to say that the highlight of my Colgate experience is getting to share it with my brothers.