Home - Center for Learning, Teaching, and Research - Office of Undergraduate Studies - Office of Undergraduate Studies News and Updates
Office of Undergraduate Studies News and Updates

Jimmy Anim ’19 Abroad

By Nali Byrd '19 on December 13, 2017

Name: James (Jimmy) Anim

Hometown: Bronx, New York
Major/Minor: Economics/Political Science

Q1: Where are you studying abroad currently?
I am studying abroad in Manchester, England.

Q2: What has been the most memorable part of your abroad experience so far?
The most memorable part of my experience has been visiting Amsterdam. It’s a gorgeous city and I wish I could live there in the near future.

Q3. What is one new thing you have learned while being abroad?
Once you mention you’re from the United States, people bring up Trump, gun violence, or the insanely high cost of college education in the United States. Basically, even the country that voted for Brexit without knowing what it’s about laugh at us.

Q4. Have you tried any new foods/ drinks?
I’ve eaten a lot of great Indian and Southeast Asian food during my time here. I’ve also had fish and chips (an English staple) about 3 times. However, I’m already tired of it because I am not into thick-cut fries.

Q5. What was one unexpected aspect about being abroad?
I feel less stressed while abroad. I thought I would have the same amount of stress, but I feel relaxed. Maybe too relaxed (lol). I’m ready to go back to Colgate, but I’ll certainly miss the pace that comes with being abroad.