Sustainable Dining Coordinator with Sodexo’s Education Division at Colgate University
Sodexo’s Education Division is pleased to announce a full-time Sustainable Dining Coordinator at Colgate University. The coordinator will work to advance local and sustainable food purchasing and overall sustainability in dining services at Colgate. This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified candidate to contribute to the growing sustainable food movement in higher education.
The successful candidate will establish a new system for benchmarking and tracking current purchasing practices with the ultimate goal of increasing local, community-based, and 3rd party certified food purchases. The coordinator will also help to establish short- and long-term goals, complete annual reporting, and work closely with local food producers and campus community members (especially students) to raise awareness of the importance of local and sustainable food choices. The coordinator will also support Sodexo accounts at other Central New York college campuses within a 50-mile radius of Colgate including Le Moyne College, Utica College, Mohawk Valley Community College, SUNY Institute of Technology in Utica, and SUNY Oneonta. Consequently, this position will require limited travel within Central New York.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A self-starter with stellar communication skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Experienced in managing food service in an education environment.
- Able to work independently.
- Detail oriented and well-organized.
Desired experience, skills, and abilities include:
- Three or more years of experience in local and sustainable food-related issues.
- Administrative and program management experience.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- The ability to accomplish results in designated time frames.
- Be comfortable working in a fast moving/changing environment and have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Have the ability to effectively motivate students and community members to action.
- Ability to travel between schools as needed.
Please send your resume and one-page cover letter to John Pumilio, Director of Sustainability at Colgate University (email@example.com; 3152286487) no later than Monday, November 3.
Sodexo is the 22nd largest employer worldwide and prides itself with great work-life balance opportunities. Sodexo is a stable company offering robust benefit packages for its employees. Come join an industry leader and be part of making everyday a better day with Sodexo!
Colgate University is a residential, liberal arts college with 2900 students located in the village of Hamilton in rural Central New York.