Article by Beth Roy, manager, Colgate Community Garden
The Colgate Community Garden team has been hard at work this summer in our new location just south of the Colgate Townhouses on route 12B. The garden is thriving, and there are several events in July and August that we would like to share with you.
Come to the garden for a tour or to lend a helping hand! One of the members of the garden team will be there to greet you.
- When: Mondays 5:00-7:00 p.m.; Fridays 2:00-4:00 p.m.
WEEKLY FARM STAND
Purchase fresh, organically grown produce from the Community Garden each week at the Farm Stand.
- Where: 104 Broad Street (through August; will move to the COOP once the semester begins)
- When: Tuesdays from 4:00-5:30 p.m.
COMMUNITY GARDEN PLOTS
Interested in gardening but don’t have a lot of space to garden where you live? Interested in being a part of the Colgate Community Garden? The garden has a community plot program where you can rent a space in the garden each year for a small fee.
Think it’s too late in the year to start a garden? Think again! We will supply you with the information you need to plant a successful fall garden. Individual and group applicants both encouraged. This could be a great opportunity for your campus group to come together to learn about growing your own food!
If interested, please contact garden manager Beth Roy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Email List: Contact the garden team (email@example.com) and we will include you in our weekly email update.
- Facebook: Like the Colgate University Sustainability Facebook page for ongoing updates and events.
We hope to see you soon!