2015 Solarize CNY Update (November 16, 2015)
As of today, 28 solar installations have been completed for a total of 285 kW!
- Cayuga: 4 installations, 32.1 kW
- Cortland: 1 installation, 13.4 kW
- Madison: 1 installation, 10 kW
- Onondaga: 10 installations, 96.3 kW
- Oswego: 12 installations, 133.4 kW
125 contracts signed for a total of 1,084 kW
- Cayuga: 21 contracts, 160.7 kW
- Cortland: 25 contracts, 255.6 kW
- Madison: 25 contracts, 276.3 kW
- Onondaga: 48 contracts, 355 kW
- Oswego: 6 contracts, 37 kW
That’s 1,369 kW of new solar coming online in Central New York as a result of the Solarize CNY effort! That’s more than 10% of all the solar that has historically been installed in our region!
Per county totals for installations and signed contracts shows:
- Cayuga: 193 kW
- Cortland: 269 kW
- Madison: 286 kW
- Onondaga: 451 kW
- Oswego: 170 kW
2015 Solarize CNY Update (October 20, 2015)
- We have about 975 enrollments so far, so we almost to our goal of 1,000+ total enrollments!
- 21 residents have already had their systems installed!
- 79 residents have signed contracts and are waiting for their installations.
- Another 63 residents are currently negotiating or reviewing their proposal.
It’s not too late to enroll in the program and schedule your FREE site assessment. Here is the link: http://solarizecny.org/
2015 Solarize CNY Original Post (September 8, 2015)
Due to continued interest and ongoing questions regarding the Solarize CNY program, the Office of Sustainability will be hosting an information session specifically for Colgate employees. The session will take place on September 16 (Wednesday) in the ALANA Cultural Center (Multipurpose Room). We will be joined by members of Madison County Planning and our local solar installer, CNY Solar, out of Canastota. Lunch will be provided.
If you have been interested in solar energy but are not sure if it is right for you or where to begin, then now is the time to attend this information session and enroll in the Solarize CNY program.
As a reminder, Solarize CNY is a volume purchasing program that streamlines the process and reduces the cost of installing solar energy for electricity. Through existing federal and state incentives coupled with the bulk purchasing power of the program, residents and small businesses can save up to 64% off the sticker price of a solar PV system. With the Solarize CNY program all permits and paperwork associated with installing the system are taken care of for the participant.
To find out more information and to enroll in the program today, please visit www.solarizecny.org. To participate, you must enroll in the program by October 31, 2015.