Home - Academics - Departments and Programs - Theater - Colgate University Theater News
Colgate University Theater News

Jungmin Kang ’16 interns at Glimmerglass, studies abroad in Korea

By University Theater on November 3, 2014

Theater major Jungmin Kang ’16 writes in to the theater program about his recent theater experiences beyond Colgate:

“I had a theater-related internship over the summer and I’m seeing some great theater here in Korea [where I am studying abroad]… [O]ver the summer I interned with the Glimmerglass Opera Festival. I was the music intern, but somehow I got cast as an extra in Madame Butterfly.

I also made good friends with a lot of the production staff, and got to see how a large-scale performance company really pulls the shows together. In Korea I’m taking a Criticism in Performing Arts class, which [involves] seeing a lot of the local theater and writing reviews. It’s really great, and there’s a lot I’m learning, although there are also things that are frustrating, after Colgate’s theater and the NYC plays I saw.”

Check the theater newsfeed for more firsthand accounts from theater students, showcasing the myriad possibilities of a theater education at Colgate!