Did you know that you can get a FREE home energy assessment through NYSERDA’s Green Jobs Green NY program? Most certainly, your home is wasting energy and costing you money. A home energy assessment can help you determine where and how energy and money is being lost while also highlighting cost-effective measures to make your home more comfortable, affordable, and energy efficient.
During this information session we will:
- walk you through the process of signing up for the home energy assessment
- uncover typical myths about energy efficiency including windows, furnaces, new house vs. old house, and others.
- review insulation types (fiberglass, foam, cellulose, and air sealing)
- preview what equipment or testing is performed during a home energy assessment
- discuss rebates, grants, and financing opportunities to help offset the cost of implementing energy savings projects
Hope to see you at 7 PM on September 29 (Tuesday) at the Hamilton Public Library.
Please contact John Pumilio, director of sustainability, with any questions.
This event is sponsored by Colgate’s Office of Sustainability.