Home - Admission & Financial Aid - Apply - Scholars Programs - Benton Scholars - Benton Scholars News
Benton Scholars News

Argentina – enough said

By Tobias Lescht '16 on June 29, 2013

Our trip to Argentina was fantastic. Everyone had a great time, wonderful experiences, and was opened up to vibrant and rich culture. There was enough drama to make the trip interesting, yet it did not ruin it. I had been a little reserved about going to Argentina because I had some misconceptions about the country and thought I would be vilified for being a British Citizen. Pleasantly, this was not the case. I joked with locals about the Falklands (the trip did not change my mind on the name) and was never openly discriminated against by the young people of Buenos Aires. It made me realize that the young people really do not care about some silly rocks in the South Atlantic, but are far more interested in their own future and prospect. They want jobs and opportunities, not penguins.

While Buenos Aires was culturally fascinating, and northern Argentina beautiful, Iguazu Falls was the highlight of the trip. The picture explains it all…

06012013289

The Benton Scholars program gave Greg, Adam, and myself the opportunity to go to Rio De Janeiro, a truly fascinating city. We loved it there and had many fantastic experiences. From the favelas to the beaches of Rio and amazing Argentina, Thank you Colgate and Dan Benton