Colgate’s Moodle Learning Management System (LMS) will be offline for maintenance from Mon Jun 20 at noon until Thu Jun 23 at 4:00pm.
During this outage Moodle will be upgraded from version 2.5 to version 3.0 and hosting will be transferred from local servers to eThink Education servers.
- Moodle will be upgraded to a new version, 3.0
- The general interface (theme) of Colgate’s Moodle will have a more modern look and feel to enhance navigation and the user experience. Lambda
- Standard logins will be changed to the Colgate CAS single-sign-on used in familiar sites such as the Portal
- Account, course, and enrollments will be fully automated
- File uploads will be limited to 64MB
- Our Moodle servers will be hosted off campus with eThink Education
- All courses and content on the current Moodle server will be transitioned automatically to the new v3.0 server
- CAS logins still use your Colgate network username and password
Moodle will be removed from service at 12:00pm (noon) Mon June 20. Service will be restored at 12:00pm (noon) Thu Jun 23.
The Moodle system upgrade will continue throughout the summer as we make final configurations, add features, and adjust settings.
Faculty, staff and students who use our Moodle LMS.
For more Information:
The new Moodle is documented at our new Moodle Info site at Moodle-Info.Colgate.Edu
If you have questions about this transition please contact the ITS Service Desk (see Colgate.Edu/itshelp) or contact any of the following Academic Technologies staff: