Home - Campus Life - Career Services for Students - Career Services
Career Services

Jonathan Morales ’18 interns at Sunfun Info Co. in Taiwan

By Contributing Writer on January 9, 2018

Jonathan Morales '18

The organization I worked for is the largest smartphone dating app provider in Taiwan. The company is responsible for a handful of dating apps that are available in Taiwan and many other countries around the world. I was responsible for translating hundreds of phrases and sentences from Chinese to English, fixing in-app grammar-related errors, and providing consulting services for the apps in America. My largest responsibilities were finding and establishing a relationship with an American freelance reporter, and finding online influencers for the company to hire.

I learned that I would be very competent in a Chinese work environment with my Chinese speaking ability. I also learned that I am competent in independently learning about new industries, which makes me feel very adaptable. Being the only one in the office fluent in English, I was responsible for finding an American freelance reporter to promote the apps. Freelance reporting was a field I knew nothing about. I successfully learned about pricing and communicated with many reporters and I eventually organized a budget for hiring someone which I submitted to the company’s head of marketing. I was given a lot of responsibility and I was able to learn so much.