Home - Campus Life - Career Services for Students - Career Services
Career Services

Elizabeth Souter ’16 Interns at the University of Colorado Medical Campus

By Contributing Writer on December 6, 2015
Elizabeth Souter '16 researched neuroimmmunology/MS in Denver, Colorado

Elizabeth Souter ’16 researched neuroimmmunology/MS in Denver, Colorado.

I worked as a student intern in the Neuroimmunology/MS subdivision of the Department of Neuroscience at the University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus. On my first day, I was given the chance to oversee the data management from a three-year clinical trial. This was definitely trial by fire, as I had never done anything similar. A week later, I had a meeting with the head of Neuroimmunology/MS to present my work. The meeting, thankfully, went well and I continued my work on the project. This experience showed me how much I’ve learned from all of my late-night study sessions. I was able to anticipate what information would be asked for and not be caught off-guard even though I had almost no idea what I was doing!